Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Catch Up Time

That's right, lot's of catching up to do since getting back from Vegas. What a whirl wind. I actually got back into town on Thursday last week, but on Friday I had a bridal session with the beautiful MaryAnn and then on off to Charleston Friday night for an e-session I had Saturday with the lovely Megan and Scott. :) So yes, whirl wind may be an understatement. Anyhoo, I'm back now and working away, but before I get too lost in editing world I wanted to share some photos from my trip out west and my thoughts on WPPI.

I'll start with WPPI. This was my first time attending and it was crazy. I've never seen so many photographers in one place. The MGM is insane to say the least. Doesn't it take like 20 minutes to walk a mile at a fairly brisk pace? Well, it took 20 minutes to get from our hotel room to the conference and it was all in the same hotel!! I know, small town girl here. Anyway, I had three favorite speakers; Jim Garner, Parker Pfister, and Elizabeth Messina.

My thoughts. Jim Garner, I thought was refreshing and young and very consistent in his work. He was inspiring to say the least. I loved what he had to say and would like to apply it in a lot of ways to my own biz. Parker Pfister is just amazing. His tastefulness in the digital darkroom is unmatched by anyone in my humble opinion. I loved his personality and candidness. Very cool. Elizabeth Messina...aaahhhh what can say here except she was my true favorite. I've followed her work for a while so it was so cool to finally hear her speak about being a mom, wife, and photographer. She is a breath of fresh air to this industry and I soaked up every word. :) So there are my thoughts. Don't take my word for it though. Check out their sites. You won't regret it and you'll be inspired. :)

So about these images. The day after I flew into Vegas we rented a car and drove out to Zion National Park in Utah. It was fabulous. We had great weather and there was snow. Here are a few of my favorites. Honestly, I can't even begin to post landscape images without telling you to visit the "Masters" website. Click here to see Richard Bernabe's work. I took my first photography class from him and have never put a camera down. He is amazing. If you live in the Greenville or SC/NC area it is worth every penny to take one of his workshops. :) Oh and I should mention I went to Zion with Sposabellaphotography. They have a group shot from our trip so check it out.

cheers for now!
Liv











1 comment:

  1. Ok - I am usually afraid of snow but these make me want to go there!

    ReplyDelete